Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mutant Dog Toys

This morning, the dogs left a pile of toys at the doggie door. Daisy is the one who snatches a toy from Mia's mouth and then runs like the wind, bouncing out the doggie door, to hide the toy in the shrubbery. I'm not sure which of the girls brought the stash to the door this morning, but I've been mending them for about an hour now.

When I see a pile of fluffy toy filling scattered across the living room carpet, I know it's time to put together what remains of another toy. There is no use in spending more money to buy new toys as the dogs can chew them to pieces faster than I can replace them. I've sewn shut the holes where arms/legs used to be, attached rear ends to heads without the missing body, and held Swiss cheese toys together with masking tape. Some toys that began at a foot long are now mere inches, being whittled away as part of the daily play.

I still have a few new toys stashed in the cupboard, which I'll pull out when I can no longer salvage the current crop of chew toys. Meanwhile, I kinda enjoy the display of mutant dog toys!

2 comments:

silva92557 said...

This is a great piece and made me laugh, even though I am in a mood not to laugh at all. Thanks

yucheng said...

O(∩_∩)Oċ“ˆċ“ˆ~