Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Definition of Stupid

Today, as much as I did not want to do it, I was going to drive for an hour to the computer store, leave my Toshiba laptop so "someone" could figure out what's wrong with it, then drive an hour back home and wait for the "it's fixed" call. The little internal voice said, plug it in first and be sure it won't work before going to all that trouble and loss of personal time.

I did; it works; I feel stupid.

Guess the battery died completely, but I thought it was plugged in, so didn't check the obvious until forced with having to do something to put the machine back in use.

Whatever.

1 comment:

John said...

It's possible that you have a bad or going bad battery; I hadn't considered that. Laptop batteries do go bad, and actually fairly regularly. You can buy replacements online or from the manufacturer.

I feel bad for not thinking of that as a possible solution.

*sultyrom