Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Counting My Votes

Last night's Dancing with the Stars was incredible: who can believe that 'stars' can perform the way they do?

Lalia is not my favorite competitor, and she lived up to my expectations last night: when faced with doing a different dance, she fell flat, and this time the judges agreed. However, Joey "Fat One," as his partner called him before she knew his name is "Fatone," and Apolo Ono were spectacular.

Interestingly enough, the one judge ripped Joey for "performing," rather than dancing, but his "performance" was excellent in both turns on the dance floor. Ditto Apolo Ono: there is no "can you top this" to his freestyle!

Who's going to win? Who knows. But I did use my 5 votes on 2 different phones so I could vote a total of 10 times, 5 for Joey Fatone and 5 for Apolo Ono. Yeah, zero votes for Ali's daughter as I'm convinced that's her only claim to being one of the Final Three.

I'm up for tonight, and I think Ono's going to take it if he performs anywhere near to what he and his partner did last night in tonight's final competition. But I also thought that Mario was last year's winner, so don't put any $$ on my prognostication.

1 comment:

Liza said...

Wow--Laila was outstanding as she did one of her former dances and it was her best performance of any.

Joey Fatone reminds me of a vaudeville performer at the height of his career. Excellent performance and attitude.

Ohno and his partner looked professional: their moves were intricate and perfectly attuned so they moved as one. They were matched from crown to toe, as well as skills, and deserved to win.

I'm so glad I called in my votes last night: I knew it was going to be close, and it was! Either Joey or Apolo were going to win, but I'm glad it is Apolo who got the trophy.