Saturday, July 9, 2011

Electricity in the Air?

Things happen to me that cannot happen, such as ... my computer just powered up as if I have never used it before. Reverted to factory settings, factory screen saver, and told me I was welcome to begin the set-up process. This morning, everything was fine, but now? Who knows.

At the same time, my atomic clock reset itself to Feb 9, which I guess will be a Wed, and it's a full hour ahead of the time where I live. All the other clocks are fine, so what's going on?

A couple of weeks ago, my desktop went wonky and son linked up with it to get it working correctly again. It's still slow as a snail, but at least I'm able to log on and use it again.

My TV has been stuttering, freezing up for a minute or more, then resuming broadcasting. My remote works in slow time, never going directly from one channel to the next, but hesitating to perform the action. I've changed the batteries and rebooted the DVR from Time Warner, but nothing seems to help.

I have a Smart Meter from So Cal Edison Co!! I've heard that many strange electrical things happen once the new meters are installed, but didn't think that I was experiencing them until now. I've also heard that the meters mess with people's brains, but that may be taking paranoia a bit too far.

I don't know what I can do to change what's happening, but will make sure to back up everything on the laptop as I go along. Never know when it's going to prompt me to start over.

No comments: