Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thanks, Motel 6

I didn't name the Goleta motel where I stayed this past week, but did respond to the satisfaction survey when it came via email. The room was okay, but not great, so I gave the experience average marks and the manager wanted to know why.

This morning, I got a call from the manager of the Goleta Motel 6, who wanted to clarify my comments, especially about using the pool area as a dog park. I told him that another dog owner confirmed that advice, and that I witnessed another guest using the pool to exercise his dog off the leash. The manager was stunned that anyone would suggest this as a good idea and promises to both talk to the staff and post signage that clarifies the pool area is NOT a pet area.

I also clarified my dissatisfaction with the advertising of wifi in the guest rooms, but not clarifying that comes with a $3/day access charge. As I told the caller, paying $90 a day at a Motel 6 should include free wifi.

My final comment was that there was nowhere to put my luggage, except on one of the two wooden kitchen chairs. He said there should have been a luggage rack in the room, but there was not. He did agree with me that the bed leaves a lot to be desired, but told me they are in the process of upgrading them.

All in all, it was nice to receive the phone call and be heard. I did leave a comment card in the room, as well as a tip for the person who tidied my room during my stay. I would go back to this hotel, but now that I know some of the limitations, I would prepare differently for my stay if it includes my pets.

No comments: