Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Details

The big gallon dog auto-waterer stopped working, which means that all the water flowed out over the kitchen floor (tile, so easy to mop up the deluge). I was going across the freeway anyway, so I bought a replacement, deciding this time to get the smaller model, which weighs less when filled with water as my age increases. Brought it back home, pre-cleaned it before filling with water for my thirsty dogs, then set it on the floor.

Woosh! All the water poured out onto the kitchen floor I had just mopped from the previous deluge. Picked the waterer up, as well as all the water, went back to the kitchen sink after thoroughly investigating the equipment operational aspects, and again filled the tank. I carried the water container back to install onto the stable base, and Woosh! All the water again left the tank for the kitchen floor.

Okay, so I am determined that this darned thing is going to work, but I don't know how, so I dried it off and took it back to the store of purchase for a refund. Something wasn't right, but I had no idea what it was ... until the clerk pointed out that I had purchased a feeder, not a waterer. The feeder backs up in the delivery shoot and the dogs removing feed releases more feed; however, when it is used for water, there is no "back-up," so the water floods the floor.

Well, now I know and I'll be more careful in the future to check out the equipment before I purchase it. When there's a picture of dog food on the side of the dispenser, it means that it's a food dispenser; when there is a picture of a dog drinking water, it's a watering system.

Benefit to the experience: my kitchen floor is clean! Feeling foolish is just another by-product of one's advancing age.

No comments: