Friday, January 18, 2013

Oh, Dark Thirty Minutes Too Long!

I've been waiting for the wide release of Zero Dark Thirty and finally scheduled a trip with my movie buddy today. Wow, it's at least 30 minutes too long, confusing with imaginary plot twists that don't go anywhere/accomplish anything tangible. And then, worst of all, they kill UBL, stuff him into a body bag, confirm that he's dead (and not a look-alike), and that's it. Done. No tying up myriad loose ends, such as the Pak air force coming at them: will they get away clean or be chased back across the border?

Nope: just dark screen. Over and out ... of the theater ... in the dark, as the endless string of credits roll by on the dark screen.

I'm not sure that I would even rent this one when it comes out on DVD. I'd have to have a lot of time with absolutely nothing to do at all to sit through it again.

No comments: