Thursday, January 24, 2013

CRAP!

I distinctly remembering opening the envelope with my new vehicle registration contained therein -- and I remember seeing the 2014 stamp that must be affixed to the license plate.

I have cleaned out my office. I have gone through all of my files, both the active and the "precious data" files, as well as the stack of stuff that always occupies the corners of my massive desk. I've checked in the cabinets, the filing drawers, the desk drawers, and even the car -- and I cannot find the envelope, nor the enclosures.

My fault? Yep, you bet, and I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to fix it. And I'm also willing to bet that the moment I have made it through the bureacratic tangle it's going to take to get duplicates/replacements, I'll find the lost originals.

3 comments:

Chris L said...

Speaking from personal experience, if you have AAA it's really easy to get replacements. Dealing with the DMV directly ... good luck.

John said...

Definitely try AAA first, if you still are a member.

Liza said...

Thanks for the advice: I did go to AAA, and once I was able to convince the CSR that I did NOT lose my title, just the registration AND yes, I know it has not yet expired BUT I renewed early to get the tax deduction, the process was pretty darned easy.