Monday, February 4, 2013

Idle Hands

I have boxes and boxes of yarn, much of which is multiples of the same yarn, but a lot of the skeins are “one of’s.” My goal is to use up some of my stock, so I’ve been using the one of’s first, leaving the multiple skeins for next year’s busy-ness.

I made a knit log cabin design for my sister-in-law, who was recently diagnosed with Multiple Scelerosis. I figured she needed her very own blankie to help her through a tough time, and she was thrilled when she opened the box I sent her. I forgot, however, to take a photo of it, although I try to remember to take photos of most of what I make.

Then, I crocheted a log cabin piece blanket because I liked the knit one so much; and, not to be repetitious, I embarked on rambling colored squares. I enjoy the making, but hate this time between when I haven’t started the next project, but already completed the last one.

Now, it's time to come up with yet another project to use up the one of's because I STILL have far too many partially used skeins of yarn -- and the boxes filled with multiples. Perhaps I'll have to find a yard sale and make a donation. ...


No comments: