Friday, June 14, 2013

Applauding Vivian at US Airways

Hurrah for Vivian at US Airways in the greater Phoenix, AZ area. After my pleas to have a redundant payment of $179.10 refunded to me fell on deaf ears in numerous telephone conferences in which I engaged in a repeatedly futile attempt to get the customer service rep to even acknowledge that a refund was owed to me, I figured I had nothing to lose by sending a letter to the same address I had sent the original payment. I penned a letter, included my documentation of the original check deposited to a US Airways account, and figured I felt better for being proactive, but didn’t expect anything to come of my efforts.

I’ve learned the hard way that it is almost impossible to use reason, logic, or truth with big business. This time, however, I am pleasantly surprised as Vivian called to tell me that it took her a while to track down someone who could authorize the refund, but she finally received approval to send me back the $179.10 and I should have it in a couple of weeks. Nah, I don’t get a “refund fee” to match the businesses’ “late payment fee,” nor do I get accrued interest as they wanted to charge me for allegedly failing to pay the payment on time,

but I’m going to get something for my effort – and for Vivian’s persistence. Yeah for team Vivian!

PS: the check was in the mailbox yesterday!

1 comment:

John said...

It's about damn time!