Saturday, October 19, 2013

Making the Call

I don't lose things, but sometimes I do misplace them. I'm such a creature of habit that I react subconsciously to the put it back where I found it early childhood training. However, I'm of an age wherein the mind isn't as sharp as it used to be, so if I misplace something, I just sigh and go back through my previous actions until I find it. When I don't find it, panic sets in -- and, hence, having to make the call to my credit card company when I didn't find my credit/debit card in its niche in my purse. I distinctly remembered the last time I had the card (at the local Von's gas station), so I stopped by there to see if my card was there. Yeah, slim to none chance of that being the case, but I was rewalking my day yesterday and that was the last time I remember using my card.

I called the card company and after being asked a half-dozen times to provide the card number for my lost card, I was finally directed to a human being. I told him that if I had the card, I could tell him the number ... but the reason for my call was that I couldn't find my card. We went through the whole process of reporting it, canceling it, and being assured that a new card is on its way sometime this coming week.

The last thing he said to me was that if I found the card in my pants pocket, I could not use it because it was now inactive -- and halla, I went to check the pants I wore yesterday. There was my card, along with the receipt for the gas I had purchased. Alas, too late, but better to be safe than sorry when it comes to a missing credit/debit card.

No comments: