Sunday, August 17, 2014

Psychic Sunday

Today I drove up the hill to visit with my movie buddy. She has a second home in Idyllwild, so when the temps soar here on the desert floor, I travel to the top of the mountain and enjoy sitting outside and chatting, and then dining at Oma’s. After our lunch, we walked around the village, with its clusters of charming shops and never-ending parade of interesting people to watch. Upstairs at the Fort, we saw a sign that announced a psychic was doing readings and I decided what the heck. My movie buddy, who is a staunch Catholic, would have nothing to do with it, but I paid my money and took my seat to wait my turn.

The psychic told me that she saw planning, guessing that I am a person who makes plans and then sees them through. Uh, maybe, I guess, as I spent 35 years of my adulthood as a teacher, as well as over an hour on the phone recently to plan my flights to Canada, so I’ll give her that one. Then she told me that I have a son who is delighted that I am going to be with him soon. Yep, that was the trip planning. Then she told me that I have a daughter – and a grandson – which I cannot deny. She also told me she could clearly see me riding a train, looking out the window and enjoying myself. That I don’t know about because I have no plans to be on a train, but have talked about taking the train ride across Canada when I come into the $10 grand it costs!

Finally, she told me I’ve been alone for a very long time, but that’s going to change. There is a “G” name coming into my life, either Gene or George, and we are going to become fast friends and, perhaps, even more intimately connected. She said his wife recently passed away and he’s deeply grieving her passing, but when he and I meet, it will be instant camaraderie. He’ll be walking his small dog when we meet, and I will be delighted with his million-dollar smile, and it will be on.

Her final words to me were that when I meet “G” and see his smile, I’ll remember my visit to the psychic one sunny Sunday afternoon.

No comments: