Monday, August 11, 2014

Three Strikes Weren’t Enough

There is a lace patterned shawl I want to make and I have the yarn for it, as well as the desire to spend the time to do the job well. Yesterday, I grabbed my crochet hook, the yarn, and the pattern, and set off on this new journey. I carefully followed the directions, reading it, then rereading it as I began the crochet. I had the bright crafts light on, was wearing my reading glasses, and felt confident that this was going to be a pleasurable experience that ends with a beautiful finished shawl.

After ripping it out a total of five times, I decided that I was done with this project. I know what the pattern says to do – and I’m pretty sure that’s what I’m doing – but it did not turn out correctly five times in a row. Usually, it only takes three strikes to strike out, but I gave it to five before saying that’s it. All done.

No comments: