Monday, September 22, 2014

Menu Item

So, I arrived at Applebee's hungry and perused the meno to find just the right meal to satisfy my appetite. There it was: 4-Cheese mac 'n cheese. Yummy. If there's one dish I absolutely love, it's a cheesey macaroni dish.

When my meal came, it looked off. The "cheese" part of the mac 'n cheese looked a lot like slightly orange milk. I dug my fork in and took a bite, and, sure enough, it didn't just look like slightly orange milk, but it tasted like it too. I picked up one of the chicken tenders and it was lukewarm and limp, rather than hot and crispy. No way was I going to eat the meal or pay for it, so I called the server over and told her I'd need a different meal.

Yep, my new order, fish 'n chips, arrived and it was fine. Not what I wanted, but an okay substitute. I asked the server how anyone could call what had been brought to me either "4 cheese" or "mac 'n cheese," and she cheerfully asked if my fish 'n chips were okay. Got the feeling the other topic was now off-limits, so I let it go.

It was nice for the server to respond to my request for a different meal with such positivity, but I'm still hungry for some 4-cheese mac 'n cheese. Guess I'll make my own.

No comments: