Monday, May 11, 2015

Full Circle

I was good and firmly snagged when I pulled off my pinny and it caught on my earring and pulled the hoop loose. As I reached up to catch it, I realized that my 24k gold butterfly earring was also missing from my ear. I immediately began searching for it as it is precious to me because the earrings were a gift from Y. Of course, a frantic search was begun in the powdery black sand and gravel floor by helpful bystanders, but to no avail. As I left the show venue, I said, "If it is to be, it will come back to me," but I knew that it was lost forever.

Yesterday, however, when I was walking on the main floor of the house, a bright glimmer caught my eye: it was the earring back on the floor, partway under the small hallway table. Elated, I began searching high and low for the earring, but, again, it was nowhere to be found. Now having two locales to search, I figured it was a total lost cause.

This morning, I picked up the pile of dirty show venue clothes to give them a good wash and my toe flicked against something. Thinking it was a small rock from my shoe tread, I bent down to pick it up and was elated that it was my earring, which must have found its way inside my clothing at the venue and then onto the bedroom floor, which was why we couldn't see it there in the black gravel floor covering and I couldn't find it on my main floor of the house.

St. Anthony is the patron of lost causes, so I'm sending him my thanks this morning for returning my beautiful gold earring to me.

No comments: