Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Under the Tree

I watched Rachel Ray today, and she had Gayle King on -- Oprah's best friend -- talking about Oprah's favorite things for Christmas this year. Gayle and Rachel raved about the tote bag, perfect for carrying to the market, so I decided to Amazon it as a possible gift for my daughter and my daughter-in-law.

Well, needless to say, I was aghast to find that the "market bag" is $298. Yes, that's $300 rounded up. Now, I agree that we all need to take our own bags to the market to save the planet from plastic, but carrying a $300 bag to go shopping seems a bit over the top.

Sorry, Oprah. I know it's one of your favorite things, but I'm on a much more restricted budget than you, so my two girls will have to settle for something a whole lot more affordable.

UPDATE: Well, now it looks like Oprah was offering a bargain bag as Ellen's 12 Days of Christmas featured a Michael Kors' tote for $400. Yes, a tote bag, and not a blinged out product. Very conservative, so no bells and whistles to justify the price. Sorry, girls, but it's still a no-go.

No comments: