Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Post, H2O, and Forever, My Girl

Three movies to report on: Shaped Like Water, The Post, Forever My Girl

H2O is just not that good, but it really tries hard to make something of itself. The plot is predictable, but the filmmaker tries to make sure no one knows what’s happening next, but fails. The gal who plays the mute woman does an outstanding job portraying her role, but the rest of the actors don’t stand out. I was hard-pressed to stay until the end, which I predicted 1/3 of the way into the film.

The Post would have been a good 90-minute made for TV movie. Meryl Streep walks through her role, portraying little, if any, acting chops. Her cigarette has a bigger part to play and does it better than Streep.

Forever My Girl is a great rom/com and could have come off the Lifetime channel, which features appropriate films for every season. The music sound track is awesome, the acting is adequate, and the precocious young female role is rightly played by a very good precocious young female actor.

All in all, I give this week’s watching Cs across the board.

No comments: