Tuesday, January 23, 2007

So This is Magic ...

My blog is cured: not only did I access it this morning, but ... I didn't have to go through a sign-in process and get kicked out. Availing myself of the "help" feature included creating a new blog, this one, only to find that I no longer existed to the dashboard in name or email or blog format.

What made the situation so irritating is that my son could access my blog just fine, so he had a challenging mental leap to accept that I could not, regardless of the steps I took to follow the help menu to the letter. I've heard that these unexplained events are called "hiccups," but it seemed to be more of a "belch" to me.

Now the only issue is --- 2 copies of my current blog and no former blog at all. It has passed into the great techno space in the sky with narry a blink of an eye. Please don't even ask how that happened as I fear there are gremlins in my computer messing with my mind.

If you ever want to feel REALLY stupid, instead of just dysfunctional, try explaining happenings that are impossible to explain, much less happen, to your computer-wise son who sees your natterings as the first stages of early-onset Alzheimers!

Okay, perhaps not so "early onset" as I'd like to think.

1 comment:

Liza said...

Another lesson in speaking too soon: this is the ONLY access I have to my blog! Once I shut down for the day while I was at work, whatever gremlins are at work came back and destroyed the link between email and blog, so I'm still not able to get into the area for posting new blogs.

The only good news is that the blog chatrooms are filled with people complaining of identical symptoms since the "beta" went "gold." Obviously, something ain't working right--and I may have to find another place to blog.