Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Droopy Daisy

For the past 4 days, Daisy has been walking with my daughter-in-law, who was here for a visit. She’s not a dog-lover, but she agreed to go on the morning walk, so she got Daisy’s leash. Daisy, realizing that she could get away with stunts I don’t allow, pulled at the leash, dragging M behind her, tangled the leashes, conned M into running with her (Daisy’s favorite thing to do; the faster, the better), and tricked M into stopping at every single bush along the way, rather than the select few bushes on the various routes we travel throughout the neighborhood. Daisy was in her element and loving every single minute of having her own personal walker!

This morning, J/M left to return home, and Daisy is bummed out. She watched M eat her b’fast, tried to figure out why things were happening before the sun came out, then ducked her head and cowered when Daisy realized that J/M were leaving. I put Daisy into her canvas casita so she wouldn’t charge the door and take off running, and she cried. J petted Mia, then M ducked down the tell Daisy good-bye, and they left for the airport.

Daisy’s ears are drooped, she’s curled up into a little ball, and she’s sad. Even though it’s now 6 AM, our get up and get ready for the walk time, Daisy isn’t budging. She crawled back into her snug casita, and she’s sulking, but we cannot change the fact that J/M have gone back to their home and it’s just me for the walks again.

Sigh.

1 comment:

liz said...

I'm like the substitute teacher, she could get away with anything because I didn't know any better. I'm sorry she was sad at my leaving. I didn't think 4 days would make much of a difference.


*lingicol: mouthwash for English teachers?