Friday, September 30, 2011

Just a Cuppa Joe

We decided to try out the new downtown restaurant, Lulu's, the one that took a former nightclub and turned it into an eatery. Heard good things about it, read great reviews in the local paper, and we've been looking for new breakfast experiences, so we agreed on 8 AM this fine day to try it out.

Multiple pages of menu, but I wasn't all that hungry, so I looked for something easy, light, and less filling: a blueberry muffin. I waited, talking and drinking my coffee, for the meals to be delivered, along with my muffin. However, that was not to be because the highly-touted new diner was out of blueberry muffins, even though we were there when the doors opened this morning. Would I like to enjoy a chocolate chip muffin instead? That would be not only no, but really no.

Had our server come immediately back to the table and told me that there were no blueberry muffins this fine morning, I would have had time to order another meal. But not knowing that the one item on the menu I wanted was not available until the entire table had been served, I was not going to order my meal after everyone else had started eating.

The server said, "Sorry," but no offer of my coffee free of charge because he blew the service, which is customary at most restaurants. So ... no blueberry muffins? No problem; I'll go to a restaurant I know will either serve what I order or let me know in a timely manner that I have to select another meal option.

UPDATE: One of the gals said it was the worst French toast she's ever eaten and another became very ill after she returned home from her eggs Benedict. She said they were runny, but obviously they also were not cooked properly. Yep, LuLu's off our dining list!!

No comments: