Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Washing a Chicken

Mercury must be retrograde again as life is going wonky and that’s the best/only explanation I’ve heard for oddness; well, other than global warming, which is a catch-all phrase for “who the hell knows why the world's getting weird?”

Prior to settling in for some TV watching and working on craft projects, I had to address the issue of blood spatter from the kitchen into the living room, all the way down the hall, into my bathroom, and drenching my clothes. Mia and Daisy, who get along well, got into a tussel last night that ended in blood pouring from Daisy's mouth, which she exacerbated by snuffling it into the environment, creating quite a crime scene. Mia was licking gravy off a plate and Daisy wanted to join her, but last night Mia wasn't sharing, so she turned physical on Daisy. Mia is about 90 pounds, a Rott mix, and Daisy is about 15 pounds, a Jack Russell Terrier, so their personalities are pretty feisty to begin with, but they've made their peace mostly. I chastised Mia, cuddled with Daisy instead of working on craft projects, then put Daisy into her little casa for the night so I didn't have to worry about another attack.

Believe me, no walk today as that's a treat for GOOD girls, not a reward for drawing blood! Anyhoo, still got to watch some shows, so all was not lost. Thankfully.

Last night, Maks told the world that DWTS is HIS SHOW, that HE’S made it what it is, so Len? Take a hike. I agree that the judges are nitpicking, critical, negative, and definitely pick their favorites to either support or dis, but really? DWTS is what it is because MAKS has made it so? Perhaps what Maks is trying to express is his frustration that HE’S never danced with a winner. Last season, Derek Hough was on hiatus, so Maks had a shot to take the mirror ball trophy, but, alas, once again he came up short. Derek, on the other hand, is back this season and kicking some fine ass with his partner Ricki Lake, who was absolutely NOT one of the frontrunners when the season began, which leads me to believe that Maks is not the hot stuff he thinks he is – and DWTS is not all about Maks.

On the Sing-Off, my absolutely favorite reality show, the Yellowjackets stayed to compete again next week, while the Collective was voted off, exactly opposite to what I would have done. The Yellowjackets have already peaked and are on their way down, but the Collective is still growing, challenging themselves and the music. I was sure the boys in yellow would be singing their farewell song, but not last night.

The sexual chemistry/tension between Castle and Becket has also peaked, and now it’s so contrived that it’s just not interesting. Because they appeared to have moved on, so did I, and I’m not willing to go back there and regenerate the feelings. If I want to go there again, I have the 3 Richard Castle Nicki Heat mysteries that I can reread; however, the TV show has gone in a different direction, so let it be. Please.

Finally, I caught the clip of the “real” housewife of Beverly Hills flummoxed by the challenge to find even one of her 3 ‘fridges, and then LMAO when she tried to follow her friend’s directions re: preparing the chicken for cooking. Washing the chicken with soap and water probably made sense on some level, but the incredulity on both women’s faces, the one giving the directions and the other taking them, was the best laugh I’ve had in a week. And the caution to let the chicken “stand” for about 15-20 minutes prior to carving was met with the deer-in-the-headlights stare that confirms total incompetency. My best cooking advice for this housewife? Hire a cook.

Been places, done things, met people – and November promises to be an interesting, exciting, challenging month with few breaks for catching my breath. ‘bout time!!

No comments: