Thursday, December 20, 2012

Kindle Didn't Light My Fire

I stumbled across the HSN site while channel surfing, just in time to see the new Kindle Fire HD being offered at what I believe to be a reasonable price. I watched the on-air demo and decided that this might work for me as I read books on my Kindle, but have cataracts that are making reading at night more challenging than it used to be. I called and ordered the product, which arrived day before yesterday.

It's too much "stuff" for my simple needs, lots of features and fun I'll never use, so, alas, I repacked it and sent it back. I'll continue to use my simple Kindle and wait until the cataracts are removed in June and I have 20/20 vision for the first time in my life -- and they will even correct my acute astigmatism at the same time!

1 comment:

John said...

The fire isn't really meant for just reading. It is their movie, TV show, browse the web, etc. device; reading is just something else it can do.

It sounds like you might need the Paperwhite Kindle. It has a built in light that covers the entire face of the Kindle, giving clear, bright light to the "page." Go to amazon.com/paperwhite to learn more.