Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Random Thoughts

It amazes me that hundreds of people can create a flashmob in hours, complete with choreography and costumes, while Congress cannot pass a bill in months/years of wranglin’ about the details.

It amuses me that so many people are willing to wear ugly Christmas sweaters, but spend hundreds of dollars to create the perfect outfits for parties and bar crawls by buying only the top labels in current fashion.

If people are willing to send donations every time a tragedy strikes to help out the people affected, why wouldn't they be willing to pay a bit more in taxes to pay for all the "social welfare" programs already on the government's books? Just think: people sent over 60,000 teddy bears to Newtown, CT.

If President Obama were really concerned about cliffs and falls, why not have a simple swearing-in ceremony instead of a full-blown repeat of his first inauguration? He’s already done this once, so twice is redundant, and not fiscally responsible. “Lead by example” is a motto everyone should contemplate, but especially the President of the United States of America, the economy of which is teetering on a fiscal cliff.

I wonder why my next-door neighbor calls on Christmas day to tell me that she’s cooking a big holiday dinner, asks me what I’m doing, then, after learning that I am home alone, doesn’t invite me to join her. She did, however, ask me if I made holiday cookies this year ... .

No comments: