Monday, January 18, 2016

Petty Theft

We have two collection bins provided by our trash service. The blue one is for recyclables and the green one for general household waste. Saturday morning, I was still in bed when I heard the sounds of a trash bin being wheeled up the street. It struck me as unusual because it was the weekend and our collection service comes by on Wednesday. Didn't think anymore about it until Y went out to empty the trash yesterday and came back in to tell me that our blue bin is gone.

I'm not sure why anyone has to steal a neighbor's trash or recyclable bin because they are provided free by the disposal company. When I reported the theft to our collection company, they asked me if my address is on the bin, to which I replied "yes," and she assured me that they will go look for it. The address is faded, but it's still there.

However, Y told me that our new next-door neighbor has spray-painted their bin ... I'll leave it for the collection company to connect those dots.

No comments: