Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Startled!

I made my way to the dentist office for a cleaning this morning, only to find that I had arrived a day early. Not to worry, I told the receptionist -- I'll go home and come back tomorrow. Arrived home, petted the dogs a bit, then decided to go in and read as I have a book I'm reading for an author as part of his ART, which is his Advance Readers' Team, and I need to comment.

Next thing I knew, I was shooting up into the air as if a cannon were underneath my body, yelling "Shit!", and grabbing for my shoes. I believed it was tomorrow and I was late for my dental appointment. It took a couple of minutes for my mind to clear enough for me to realize it was still today and I had the rest of today until I had to go to the dentist tomorrow.

Jet lag is crazy stuff. I know I was concerned about driving home from LAX on my arrival back from China, and I did, indeed, sleep until noon the next day, having gone to bed at 8 pm the night before. I thought I was over the worst of it, but I guess today caught me unawares and still in the throws of jet lag.

No comments: