Thursday, March 15, 2018

An Open Note to Oprah

Dear Oprah,

You don’t know me, have never crossed paths with me, but I feel that I know you in a way that I don’t know others. You are at a crossroads in your life, with the public clamboring for you to step up and accept that you should be our next President of the United States of America. We can say, as women, it’s time, and we can say as multi-ethnicity Americans that it is time, and we can say as disillusioned Americans, it’s absolutely time for change.

And not just change for the sake of change, or to finally put a woman into the White House, or to give African Americans the chance to be filled with pride. It’s absolutely time for change because it is your time.

If you doubt it, listen to Josh Groban sing “You Raise Me Up” and you will be filled with the spirit of those of us who want you to be our next president. You raise me up to be more than I can be without you. You raise me up because I will never be in your position of being such a champion of the American people, regardless of race, color, or creed. You are a special person who has been called to a higher plane, one which few ever reach and you should not just honor the calling, but be honored yourself for what is your destiny.

Every moment before this one has led you to where you are now. Listen not just to your inner voice, but to the spirit of those who need you to raise us up.

No comments: