Saturday, April 14, 2018

No Juice

Went out to drive the RAV to b'fast this morning and nothing happened. Finally called AAA to check whatever functions they check when a car doesn't start, and it turned out to be the battery. The AAA guy told me that the battery was installed in July 2016, which meant it was still under warranty at Auto Zone, so we kept the car running and drove the mile to the dealership.

Yep, it's an AutoZone battery, but it was installed at a different point of origin -- so no warranty unless we took it back to that source for service. Yeah, that's a great idea, but it's Saturday, and my installer doesn't work on the weekends. I told the sales representative that I wanted to buy another battery, preferably one with a longer warranty, and I'd forget about dealing with the battery I drove in with. She sold me a new battery with a 5-year warranty, so I'm hopeful that it won't die in the next 2 years.

Problem solved. Saturday errands underway.

No comments: