Monday, June 18, 2018

Bone Bruise Update

My leg hurts where I banged it during my sleepwalking fall, so I did some investigation into bone bruise. Basically, it's the injury where the bone doesn't break, but it's damaged enough to bleed and hurt like hell. The bruise is currently from the wound site to the bottom of my foot, which, according to  my research, is from internal bleeding. I've iced, elevated, and massaged, but it really hurts to touch the site, so the massage is some very gentle touching.

As long as I put ice on it, it feels better, but then starts hurting again when I take the ice off.  According to my research I have 8-10 weeks before it begins to be better and less painful.  I've broken both of my legs during my lifetime, and it was 8-10 weeks before the cast came off!  This is "just a bruise," so I'm not sure why it takes so long to heal.

Whatever.

No comments: