Thursday, July 19, 2018

Lousey Lasagne


You ever buy a product, prepare it according to package directions, then sit down to have your first bite and find out that it’s awful? That was my experience this evening with a Signature Select Six-Cheese Lasagne. The package bragged about the rich blend of six cheeses, complemented by a “Delicious Chunky Tomato and Red Bell Pepper Sauce,” but what I tasted was a pasty, gluey white “cheese” spread with overly-sweet tomato catsup.

To add insult to injury, I bought the Family Size/5 Servings size so there would be left-overs tomorrow – and all I want to do is trash the remainder as I did the piece I served myself for dinner. No way was I going to eat this crap, and it took only 2 bites to confirm that it was really an unpleasant dining experience.

Yep, I went to the website and detailed my complaint, but I’m sure that will fall on deaf ears. After all, they don’t intentionally make a poor product as they expect repeat consumers purchasing their various products to keep the cash flowing. But, I wonder, wouldn’t they realize how awful this product is if, say, someone took a serving of it and tasted it before sending it to the stores for consumers to buy?

1 comment:

Liza said...

I did receive correspondence from Select products, with a chit for an $8 refund. The bad news is that I have to use it on their website, which means for a different product. After my experience with the lasagna, I have no desire to try another product … .