Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Amazoning

I'm going on vacation in a few weeks, so I've started the pre-packing we all do before dumping it all out and starting again the day before we leave.  I've been enjoying my adult color books, so decided to go to Amazon and find a new book for my journey.  As I browsed through the selections, I found 4 that were kinda the same, but different slightly, so I selected them, one at a time, so I could make my choice and then purchase it.

I don't know what I did or how I did it, but I ended up receiving all 4 of the coloring books in the mail today.  I laughed, then decided that I would not send the extras back because I'll probably use them in the future, but I still have to decide which book to take with me on vacation.

I don't know anything about marketing strategy, or maybe I'm the only one who has ever selected a product to review and ended up receiving it, but I'll be more careful in my future "browsing" tactics. I did also order a new coffee maker as my 15-year old Senseo finally gave up the ghost -- hope I don't get 4 of them as this is an expensive coffee maker!

UPDATE:  What is that song, Oops! I did it again?  I remember ordering coffee on Amazon, and dithering between a 2-pack combo and a single bag, but I thought I ordered the double-pack, which I did receive today--along with a single pack too!  I bought a new coffee maker, which arrived today, and that came with 6 sample packs of flavored coffees, so I now have enough coffee to last through the coming winter!  And, the good news is that I only received one new coffee-maker.

I'll figure out what I'm screwing up and stop making these order-on-top-of-an-order purchases. In the meantime, I have to find a place to store all the coffee.

AH-HA Moment:  I pressed the "cart" option, so the item went into my cart, and then I checked out and got all the items I thought I was just previewing.  I now know NOT to press the "cart" option unless I want to purchase the item.

No comments: