Sunday, February 4, 2007

Patience is Sometimes Just Not Worth the Wait

I've been working in my office, using my computer to finish up some business. Five (yes, that's 5) separate times, the outside of my house has been hit with projectiles being fired by some kind of pellet or b-b gun.

Each time I've gone outside to catch whomever is doing the shooting and tell them to stop hitting my house. With the door open, I heard men talking and laughing, speaking some Spanish and some English, and then one of them yelling, "Kill it! Kill it!" and more shots.

They are in the house next door, so I waited outside until they came out and fired again. As I walked to the side of my house, the front door slammed, but they must have seen me because when I rang the bell, no one answered. After ringing the bell several times, I walked back to my house and called them.

You would not believe the "dumb" act on the phone: "Who's calling, please? Where did you say you live? Next door? What address would that be?"

I finally told her to come out her front door and she'll see me standing in my front yard, looking at her front door. And I hung up the phone.

I already have b-b holes in all 3 front windows from the last episode with b-b guns in my neighborhood, right after Christmas. My next-door neighbors also had their windows shot out, including the back window of their van, so it's hard to believe that they now have a pellet gun and are shooting in indiscriminantly in their front yard and hitting my house in the process.

I don't need the window to my office shot out: it has already been replaced once, and every penny of the cost came out of my pocket! I'm not up for that again, thanks anyway.

If they begin firing again, I'll call the police and let them handle it.

1 comment:

Liza said...

The good news is that they silently recognized that I wasn't going to play nice after they played dumb, so all the cars left and the shooting stopped.

I could have gone for the cops from the git-go, but tried to be nice to the neighbors. Why could they not realize they were hitting my house and shoot their little toy in the empty lot next to their house?

Would have saved so much aggravation.