Monday, June 25, 2007

Scalping Tickets

When I expressed concern to my friends about booking a flight to Canada, they all chimed in, "You have triple A: they'll book the trip."

Hey, yeah, I forgot about that benefit of my membership, so drove to AAA and booked the flight, including "guaranteed" aisle seats on all legs of the round-trip ticket.

Today, my credit card bill arrived, and I noticed that there is a $35 agent fee for booking the flights! No one told me there was a charge for triple A to book my flight; if they had, I could have at least had a choice in whether to pay them or use the internet for free!

Believe me, it's the first and the last time I go to triple A to book flights.

However, I wasn't charged for the current freeway map of LA, so there are some travel services that are free.

No comments: