Thursday, October 25, 2007

Definitive Diagnosis

Today, I made up my rescheduled dr. appt. for a check-up on the situation that put me into the hospital for 3 days in July. It’s really hard to get an appt with my dr, but every time I’ve been in the office, I’ve been one of perhaps a total of three patients in the waiting room. The soonest I could be seen after canceling the Sept 5 appt was Oct 25, although I indicated that the dr wanted a more timely follow-up. Busy, busy, busy.

Whatever.

So, how’s it going today?
Today, I’m just fine, thank you.

Well, how have you been since the last time I saw you?
Oh, well, that’s a bit different as I’m still having symptoms, such as a weird heartbeat, sudden shortness of breath, and a swimming dizziness in my head.

Did the Prilosec help?
Help what? I don’t have acid reflux and I’m not sure what else it was supposed to do, so I’m not sure I can answer that question.

Hm. We’ve pretty much ruled out a heart problem, so it can be either the diabetes (faintness) or the asthma (shortness of breath), so we’re going to continue to monitor the diabetes, although you have done a good job with controlling it through diet and exercise, and I’ll up the inhaler while all the smoke is in the air. You probably should use the Advair daily, rather than just during the difficult times, such as when the grass is being scaled, the pollens are in the air, or it’s smoky.

Okay.

By the way, I’m going to burn that skin cancer off your chest. Only about 10% of them are ever malignant, so we’ll do this today, check it in 4-6 weeks, and then see how it looks. See you then!

Uh, what?

1 comment:

John said...

I'm glad you got that growth looked at and, apparently, taken care of. I remember your mom got melanomas on occasion, so it is something you (and I) should watch for.