Thursday, October 2, 2008

Transference

I work both at home and at my part-time worksite, usually using a computer to do so. My worksite has been dealing with serious computer issues, lots of hacking into, as well as spamming, so the IT dept purchased new threat protection programs from Kerspersky to deal with the on-going issues.

As a traveler, I am more likely to transfer problems from my home computer than I would be if I stayed on-site, so I was offered the new program for both my home desktop and my little traveling buddy, Asus.

Wow! What a difference good protection software provides! Both of my machines are working faster and there is no longer a long line at the spam mailbox to deal with every morning (and evening). The worksite sets up the program to update every 2 hours, which may seem excessive, but not with the problems they've encountered in the past 2 months!!!!! At one point, they had to go back and start over with the email portion of our campus-wide communication system.

For those who don't use tech in the classroom, there is no offer to better protect their personal equipment. Nice bene for being a good little worker bee.

No comments: