Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm TIRED Out!

There are few chores I enjoy less than shopping, but I was out of the house and off to find a new tire by 9 am. When I returned half past noon, I was tired out and pissed off because ...

No inner tube (I need 6"/the stores stock 8" and 12"); no never-goes-flat tire ($40, same cost as a new barrow, but not the right size); no new wheelbarrow (too expensive); so no moving the dirt from across the street to fill the Mia holes today. I did complain at both Lowe's and Home Depot that they sell the darned wheelbarrow, so they should stock replacement parts for them, but that's a one-way conversation at best. Shrug shoulders: say "the person who does the ordering isn't working today." Task remains on the to-do list.

However, I found a new hardcover novel; bought Mia food she'll eat, instead of dump across the kitchen floor; found a replacement weiner dog squeaky toy to replace Mia's duct-taped toy; and bought myself a huge bunch of fresh asparagus as a reward for actually going shopping. Steamed in EVOO with a sprinkle of sea salt. Yum-o.

Still deciding if I want to do the work to have the water feature -- or find something smaller that will make do. I'll think it over while I watch sinfully sexy Matthew Mc at the movies tomorrow! Oh, yeah: what a weekend warrior.

UPDATE: I found a "steel" tire 10" in diameter for a reasonable price, so that's what's on the wheelbarrow. Sure, it's too small, but it's better than nothing -- or dealing with tires that go flat with every load of dirt I try to haul. First thing tomorrow, the Mia holes are filled in.

No comments: