Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Toasted Buns

Leaving class at 9 pm, I encounter temps in the 30s-40s, which may not seem cold to people from other climes, but freezes my back area when I have to enter my vehicle after it's been parked outside since mid-afternoon. The last few weeks, the cold has been particularly intense, creating actual physical pain in my lower back/hips as I left work, from which I tried to escape through wiggling, stuffing a towel behind my back, and turning the car heat up much too high.

A thought niggled at the back of my brain, but wouldn't surface. Once the rest of the RAV was warm, however, the thought thawed enough to articulate: I have seat warmers!! I've never used that option, probably because I didn't think about it, and I worried that I could be electrocuted if the wires were crossed, but I pressed the heated seat button and waited.

Slowly, the heat intensified until my backside thawed and felt as if it were on fire! I cannot express in mere words how great that warmth feels as it soothes the pain from the extensive arthritis. Believe me, I never dreamed that I would either want to, or actually use, the heated seat option, but it's now my favorite part of the RAV.

Toasted buns, on a cold winter night, is a delicious travel option.

1 comment:

John said...

Agreed. I used them when I drove Alex's car home from the airport one day, and was quite impressed with it.

*inesses