Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Magic Eraser Sans Magic

I submitted a review to Procter & Gamble that won't make it to their product rave reviews site because I am most unhappy with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Outdoor Pro, so the only raving I can do is to encourage customers not to purchase this product. Of course, it costs more, but I believed that it was beefed up to handle outdoor jobs based on the rhetoric on the packaging: "50% stronger to last longer." On the list of uses, P&G touts it as "Great for decks, grills, siding, car wheels, playgrounds, outdoor furniture, & more!"

My experience: no to all of the above claims.

I have an outdoor table with a glass tabletop that needed cleaning, so I took the first "50% stronger to last longer" Magic Eraser out of the package and applied it to the glass: it shredded. On a smooth surface, such as glass, a paper towel lasts longer than the Magic Eraser, which did not bode well for the list of "outdoor" designated uses. I took out another Magic Eraser and tried it on an- smooth metal outdoor bench and it literally broke in half after a couple of swipes. It doesn't take me three strikes to know this product cannot live up to its own hype.

Because I've used the regular Magic Erasers in the house and love them, I am more disappointed than had I not experienced past success with this product line. In my opinion, I could use the regular household ME and have it perform better than the new "Outdoor Pro," which costs more and does much, much less.

My advice: don't buy the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Outdoor Pro.

No comments: