Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Moment

I've been buying lottery tickets this month because it's my birthday month, my horoscope keeps telling me that I am coming into some money, and my Chinese student told me that I am lucky. Whatever. I seldom win, but I have won once in a while, so I decided to try again and see if this is my lucky time or not.

The other day, the BIG lottery drawing was held, but I don't check my numbers until the end of the week. I play a certain set of numbers plus some quick picks just because I know I won't win regardless, so that's what I do. I wrote the winning numbers on my pad and thought, "Hmm, those numbers sound familar." When I was finished, I checked the lottery ticket and my heart came to a complete standstill when I had the first number drawn, the second number drawn, and then the third number drawn in that order. For the good of my heart, I guess it's good I didn't have the other 2 numbers, nor the "bonus" number on that same draw, but I did have it on another ticket.

And, believe it or not, I bought 2 of the scratch-off cards with my birthday money -- and won $10 on each card, doubling my pay-in!

I'm going to collect a whopping $8.00 for having the 3 winning numbers, and I already collected my $20 for the scratchers, but, more importantly, now that I've won something, I won't win anything again, so I'll stop wasting my money and go back to watering the money tree growing in the backyard.

No comments: