Thursday, August 23, 2012

Colorful World

Costco called to tell me my new glasses are ready for pick-up, so after my dr appt, I drove across the Valley and retrieved them. It's always weird getting used to a new prescription, but this one is REALLY weird.

Everything is outlined in yellow, shaded with red, and there's a blue band across the bottom. So, as I started for home, all the buildings, traffic signals and cars were yellow-topped, with a red band underneath. All the building foundations, light standards, and cars had blue at the bottom. It's kinda cool to see the yellow highlighting on the surrounding mountains, but kinda distracting at the top of the traffic signal. And, believe me when I say that cars with blue front bumpers and tires warrant a second look. Even the lane lines were shaded with blue!

The most spectacular color, however, was on the windmills! They look really good with yellow, red, and blue shading on each of the blades.

Unfortunately, my vision is totally blurry with the new prescription, rather than crisper and clearer, so I'm heading back to Costco tomorrow to see what happened between the prescription and the finished pair of glasses.

No comments: