Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Pants Order

I hate to shop on-line because I never know what the product really looks like, nor how it will fit. However, a few months ago I bought a pair of khaki pants that fit me, look nice, and hold their shape while wearing, so I decided to purchase a couple more pairs of the same pants for my upcoming tour of the major music cities.

Yesterday, I ordered the pants; today I realized I had ordered the wrong pants. I called to cancel the first order and make a new order, but it had been 24 hours since the original order was placed, so I have to wait for that order to arrive and send them back.  Okay; I can deal with that. I went ahead and placed the replacement order and was pleased with the service and the attitude of the CSR, who was very nice and friendly.

I no sooner logged off the order and went to my email to find a coupon for 20% off my order and free shipping.  The 5-hour time limit for the sale was 8am to 1pm East Coast time. I immediately called back to Blair and talked with a CSR about the code and the 5-hour sale and my order.  She placed me on hold for a couple of minutes and then came back online.

In very small print at the bottom of the email message is the caveat that the sale is on East Coast time, not Pacific time, and I had called in on Pacific time--so no 20% off and/or free shipping.  I told her that I didn't read that and apologized, but she also said that my order had to be made on-line and not over the phone. I told her I was sorry that I had not followed the directions in the small print and told her to cancel the order I had made earlier.  She asked me to hold for a minute, which I did, and when she came back to me she said that her supervisor said they would give me the 20% off and the free shipping because I had made an honest mistake.  I thanked her, but told her I was willing to cancel the order and call back later -- but she said we were good.

I cannot stress the value of excellent customer service!  I made the mistake and was willing to do it over, but the CSR realized that would just generate a lot of unnecessary paperwork for both the company and me, and she contacted her supervisor to offer a solution that saves them the paperwork and gets me a good deal that will bring me back to Blair the next time I am shopping for clothes.


No comments: