Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Uplifting

Yesterday, the new garage door system would not work.  I had been out and about and when I returned home, I hit the down button and nada: the garage door wouldn't shut.  I tried about a dozen times to get the equipment to work, but it would start to close and then go back up.  Frustrated, I called the installer business and asked for a service tech to come close the garage door for me.

He arrived and the system worked like a charm.  He raised the door, closed the door, raised the door, closed the door a dozen times and it worked perfectly.  Feeling like a fool, I told him that I had tried to get the door to shut and it hung up at the same place every single time I pressed the button.  He said he believed me, but he can't fix a problem that he can't see.

Okay, so now, every time I leave, I'm going to wonder if I have to cast a magic spell to get the door to close!  Technicians always say that the most challenging problem to fix is an intermittent problem as they have to be able to replicate the problem to find a fix for it.  I'm going out later this morning, so I'm just going to remain optimistic that the darned door will close for me.

No comments: