Thursday, September 13, 2007

Computer Updates

MSN did another update, which required shutting down and rebooting. Every time they do that, it messes up my computer! Programs that used to boot instantly slow to a crawl; MSN flashes as it comes up; and I start having issues across the board.

Why is there not an option to accept or reject these updates?

I did return to the standard e-mail option, rather than the "live" option, which I have found basically annoying and not an improvement in e-mail service. Having a little window pop open to tell me that I can download music or update myself on the latest "star" happenings is nothing I want or need in my life!

Add to the MSN issue the fact that my cell phone battery loses power too often and shuts itself off, and I'm in a tekkie bad mood! I bought the cell just one year ago, but it's had a battery problem for months. The only way to get another battery is to extend the plan--which already has to be at somewhere nearing a century because EVERY time I need service, it requires an extension of the plan.

I'm beginning to understand why people prefer not to have computers and buy the throw-away phones at the grocery store ... .

No comments: