Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Making it all better ... $100

I received a reply to my correspondence with Customer Relations at AirCanada.

Key points:

***Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration I experienced on such a special occasion
***Despite our best intentions and preparations … delays and cancellations sometimes occur.
***Unfortunately, we cannot assume responsibility for a customer’s reason for traveling
***Our employees are expected to deliver courteous and efficient service at all times
***Airport signage is a responsibility of the Airport Authorities
***As a gesture of goodwill and concern, we are pleased to provide you with a [$100] credit for future travel.

My response?

I sent the travel voucher back and told them to pass it on to someone who will accept $100 in lieu of the service that should be provided at no additional charge to ALL AirCanada passengers.

2 comments:

John said...

Er, you do know two people who travel a lot using AC and who could use a $100 voucher! ;-)

I understand this is now a point of pride and stubbornness, as it should be, but at least you got a reply and some sort of compensatory act. Many companies would have ignored you completely.

However, this does not resolve them of their responsibility. A free ticket or a free upgrade to first class or something would be a lot more acceptable in this circumstance.

Liza said...

My point to Customer Service is that "paying me off with a $100 travel voucher" simply adds insult to the injury!

Basically, it's of no value to me and simply a salve to poor service from them.

Therefore, go to hell!

PS: the voucher was not transferable or I would have passed it on.