Friday, November 30, 2007

You Are Entering the Holiday Season

Whoopie and I are sisters! Soul sisters! Recently, when a friend asked me why I don’t like the Christmas holiday season, I could not articulate a response. I just know that I don’t care for this time of year. If I had my way, I’d hunker down in my comfy bed with a pile of books and endless cups of hot coffee and surface in January.

Today, on The View, Whoopie made similar comments, prefacing her remarks, however, with the question: Do you ever go into a sex slump? Well, yeah, I’ve been in one for decades, but let’s move on. Whoopie explained that she doesn’t like Christmas, that she doesn’t feel pretty, she doesn’t feel happy, she doesn’t feel special this time of year: she just doesn’t feel.

I identified with her. Not only do I know that feeling, but I live that feeling every year.

Once Whoopie opened the topic, it got pretty spicy, but it was interesting to see that Whoopie and I are kinda out there all by our lonesomes. If other people share the total blah to Christmas feeling, they aren’t willing to make it publicly known! And if other people share that “sex slump,” they definitely aren’t going to publicly admit it. Perhaps the two most important things in life are to love Christmas and have an active, happy sex life!

Score: them +2; me zip.

I’m turned off by the shopping; the endless stream of “have-to’s” that permeate the mindset; the parties that are either social payback or business function; the competition to be the Queen of Christmas. I do enjoy driving around at night and looking at all the lights, and I love cooking a big dinner, especially if a pie is part of that process, but the tree? the decorations? the forced togetherness? the fakery? the commercialized music?

Gift me with a season pass.

No comments: