Friday, December 28, 2007

It Sucks!

Lowe's opens at 6 am, so after eating b'fast by myself (I guess everyone else decided to sleep in), I shopped vacuum cleaners. I was particularly interested in the Shark brand as I have a cordless/bagless rechargeable that does a great quick job, especially on flat carpet and/or tile floors. I have been using it daily to keep up with the dog hair deposits, and usually have to empty the little dirt cup 4-6 times per use.

I compared the Shark models with the other display models and went with the Eureka as almost all of the features were the same except for amps; the Shark had 9.5 and the Eureka 12.0, so I went with the more powerful motor.

It was easy to assemble, and is lightweight and powerful: I revacuumed the carpet throughout the house, a chore I had just done Wednesday morning, and had to empty the dirt container twice! It clogged with the dog hair, and the air filter clogged with dirt, but it was pretty easy to empty and reattach to the machine. I still don't know why/how the desert has so much dirt when it's allegedly all sand out here, but it does, and that dirt comes in through the smallest openings and spreads throughout the entire house.

The extension wand works well for removing Mia hair from the furniture, as well as dusting the overhead fans, leaving the surfaces nice and clean for a change. The handle telescopes, so I can adjust the height to my personal preference. There are 3 adjustments for sucking power: bare floors, which just need vacuum; carpet, which needs the beater brush; and an extra setting for using the hose and nozzle features.

But the greatest feature of all is the price: $60. I will have paid for this new vac in 3 months just in saving the cost of replacement bags for my old vac. In addition, the new vac actually sucks, so the carpet is cleaner than it's been in months, which makes me very happy indeed.

No comments: