Friday, July 4, 2008

Prune?

Is it correct to use the word "prune" to describe removing every limb from a tree growing in the neighbor's yard, but hanging so far over my fence that it touched the ground? I'm 5'8" and stretched on tippy toes to clip all the smaller branches, then attacked the thicker limbs with a tree saw. The tree is now lopsided, but that can be remedied from the other side of the fence.

Needless to say, I can now see my entire fence, which means the neighbor can also clearly see all of my backyard, but so be it. There is a big pile of limbs that will be taken to the dump for disposal after my vacation as I'm not doing that unpleasant chore today or tomorrow.

George wasn't home when I attacked the tree, but he's a tenant, not the owner, and the property is up for sale, so I doubt he'll care that I "pruned" the very large tree that is also tangled in the overhead wires on the utility poles and scraping the top apartment in the 2-story complex.

If only I could climb . . .

No comments: