Friday, February 20, 2009

Some Thing Fishy

Mark and Brian in the morning has to be the funniest talk radio show in existence. When I am driving and listening to their patter, I have to choose between wetting my pants from laughing too hard or changing to another station to avoid said accident. Sometimes, they become too graphic for my taste and I change the station, but, for the most part, these guys are hilarious.

This morning, I listened to the guys on my way to b'fast: it is Friday, after all. The staff was paying their punishments for not winning the Super Bowl pool, and one of the guys chose as his punishment cleaning a fish. He thought it would be no big deal, so he covered himself in a huge apron and big blue rubber kitchen gloves, prepared to complete the task in a matter of fact way, guy style. He balked from the git-go, which made the whole skit even funnier.

First direction: take off the gloves. Part of the punishment is handling a dead slimy fish, so no gloves, which pretty much made the guy wish he had taken any other option as he could barely force himself to touch the fish. Then it was finding the "poop hole," as a kind listener had said to cut the fish open from poop hole to mouth, then scoop out the innards. Well, he finally managed to cut open the fish, but when he forced himself to reach inside and pull out the guts, one of the staff members observing the guy started throwing up behind a car in the parking lot.

Long story short: it was hilarious and took me from my driveway to the restaurant, laughing all the way.

When I'm home, I put the boys on in the morning, too, especially so I can play along with the 10-question quizzes they do daily. I'll admit that I usually score a few points, but their players are great. Seldom does the entire question have to be read before someone has an answer. The callers who dial in to play with the station crew are seldom very good at it, which shows that it's easier to play in one's home than it is via the phone.

All in all, I can't think of many better ways to get from the 6-10 am morning slot than with Mark and Brian!

No comments: