Sunday, January 24, 2010

Football Movies and Games

My movie buddy and I saw Blind Side, along with many, many other seniors, and thoroughly enjoyed it as one of those movies that you can sit back and watch, no surprises, good story, nice moral. Acting is so-so, which surprised me as Sandra Bullock has received a couple of awards for her portrayal of LeAnn. This is a great movie to rent when it's raining and all you want to do is snuggle on the couch.

In the prelude to the Super Bowl, it's hard to root for a team as all 4 play-off teams are well-deserved winners this year. However, my favorite is Minnesota because I want Bret Favre to go out on top. He's been the butt of bad press and worse jokes, so let's vindicate a guy who didn't deserve the trash talk he's lived with for the past few years.

Football movie, football games: it doesn't get much better than this!

No comments: