Thursday, January 21, 2010

...the Old Man is Snoring

It's raining; it's pouring ... and it's snowing. What a difference a quick 20 miles makes in the weather.

I left the house to drive up the hill for classes, fording rivers running across the road, picking my way through debris fields, and ducking out of the way of the big 4-wheel drive pick-ups that don't slow down for anything! I made it to the center of YV before I pulled over and packed it in. There's snow everywhere, ice on the roadways, wash-outs, lakes across intersections, debris -- and pounding rain falling relentlessly. I called to cancel classes and headed back home just in time for the rain to turn to yet more snow all the way down the grade to MV.

As I came back into my neck of the woods, I was cautious crossing the water streaming across the roadways, as well as filling the many, many dips. Not so the asshole behind me, who literally passed me in a water-filled dip with a car coming head-on!! I'm not proud, but I flipped him off with both hands once I made it across the water hazard and up the other side. I was completely immersed in water from his little stunt and not at all amused.

I'm back home, changed into casual clothes, and ready for a cup of hot chocolate and a look at what's on the DVR. The worst of the storm is supposed to arrive after 4 pm, so my plan is to snuggle in, rather than worry about it.

No comments: