Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Seeing Green (fly out of my wallet)

Today my new glasses came in, which means I owed the other half of the total $720!!! Because I need transitions lenses, and bifocals, and prism correction for a bit of crossed eyes -- and prefer to wear rimless glasses -- it costs me far too much to get new glasses. This time, however, I ordered all new as my prescription was 3 years old and everything has been blurry. Driving to PS to pick up the glasses, even my farsight was blurry, and that has not been happening nearly as much as my nearsight. Forget about reading any writing on the TV screen.

However, when I put on the new pair today, everything immediately became crystal clear. Hurrah. But, and there's always a but, they are sitting crooked on my face! I may have to stop by tomorrow and see if the technician can figure out how to tweak them a bit so they rest comfortably on my ears and nose, but straight enough across the top that things are not wavy.

Then, I drove to the Toyota dealership to purchase a replacement antenna for my SAT radio. The carwash broke off the antenna when I had the RAV cleaned last Friday. I called and asked if they have any liability and the answer is, predictably, "no." If I don't want to risk the antenna breaking during the carwash, I should unscrew it before I release the car for cleaning. At a total of $62 for the replacement, that's a good idea!

I had a pork chili verde burrito in YV with my friend today and will go see Knight and Day tomorrow with another friend. The days are whizzing by, but I'm really not doing a darned thing except reading. Thursday, I drive to LaJolla, always a pleasure, and Fri is the appointment with the cosmetician re: the proper products to use on my face to keep the rosacea at bay.

With the arrival of July, it's time to start working on cleaning up last year's files and prepping for new classes in August. I still want to have at least a short vacation, but have not been able to make it happen yet. Crazy Dazy and I drove up to Idyllwild to visit with a friend who said she'd watch Dazy for a couple of days if she got along with her dog, but that so didn't happen. Crazy Dazy is too jealous to let anyone get too close to me, including Mia much of the time. Whatever.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to finish a book I go.

No comments: